|Contents||Bulletin||Scripting in shell and Perl||Network troubleshooting||History||Humor|
|News||Midnight Commander||Recommended Links||Recommended Papers||OFM Book||OFM Standards||OFM Standard 1999|
|mcview||Mcedit||MC Macro Substitution||MC Context Sensitive User Menu||External panelize||MC Extension menu|
|Cheetsheet||color scheme||Editor syntax highlighting||FTE||MC History||Tips||Etc|
Open console and type on command prompt:
and press Enter.
There are other ways to start mc. If you enter a directory, it will open in that directory
will open the current directory and ~/.mc
mc ~/.mc /usr/share/mc
will open ~/.mc and /usr/share/mc
The first directory will be in the panel you were in the last time you opened mc. e.g. if you left mc with the right panel selected, mc ~/.mc /usr/share/mc will open /usr/share/mc on the left and ~/.mc on the right.
??? Ctrl-Shift-Enter copies full path of selected file in the command line
This section lists keys which are useful to avoid excessive typing when entering shell commands.
- copy the currently selected file name to the command line.
- same a Alt-Enter. May not work on remote systems and some terminals.
- copy the full path name of the currently selected file to the command line. May not work on remote systems and some terminals.
- does the filename, command, variable, username and hostname completion for you.
- C-x t, C-x C-t
- copy the tagged files (or if there are no tagged files, the selected file) of the current panel (C-x t) or of the other panel (C-x C-t) to the command line.
- C-x p, C-x C-p
- the first key sequence copies the current path name to the command line, and the second one copies the unselected panel's path name to the command line.
the quote command can be used to insert characters that are otherwise interpreted by the Midnight Commander (like the '+' symbol)
- Alt-p, Alt-n
- use these keys to browse through the command history. Alt-p takes you to the last entry, Alt-n takes you to the next one.
displays the history for the current input line.
|Bulletin||Latest||Past week||Past month||